# Our UNIK Decentralized IDentifiers (DID)
# DID Remarkable properties
Any Decentralized IDentifiers, also called DID, have remarkable properties which make them the legitimate successor of traditional identifiers:
- DID are under the sole control of their owner
- DID ower is the only one to decide who can access data related to its ID
- DID are available every time and everywhere around the world
- DID are immutable, once minted, they can't be modified nor destructed
- DID are unique on a global network, by definition
- DID lifetime is everlasting
- DID can byanonymized, and their use untraceable in a P2P context
Our UNIK DID have all these remarkable properties.
# DIDs only exist in a Decentralized Network
A Decentralized Network...
- relies on many independent actors from each other
- is publicly accessible
- has a decentralized governance, independent of a country (such as an international foundation)
- is reliable, resilient, incorruptible, resistant to censorship, efficient
- is accessible at low cost
- provide « International IDs», not only latin nor ascii ones
- rewards securing and using DIDs
- guarantees the absolute sovereignty of IDs
…self-controls their creation.
uns.network meets all these criteria, making it the ideal Decentralized Network for DIDs
# What makes UNIK DID so unique ?
- DID UNIK are pseudonymous Identifers, they are not proof of digital identity.
- DID UNIK can be transposed into Universal Identifiers: @unikname. They're Human-Readable and protected against typo-squatting thanks to
- DID UNIK belong to namespaces, called types, defining their purpose.
- DID UNIK have configurable governance rules specific to their type.
- DID UNIK embed exclusive features for authentication
- DID UNIK have advanced data registries (on-chain, off-chain, encrypted…)